Effective May 24, 2018
InSource is a membership organization; as a result, we collect member information, including Name, email address, username and certain member preferences. Your email address is required to send you information relating directly to your InSource membership, such as; membership renewal notices and to recover a lost password. Your email address may be used to send you periodic information from InSource, but you may choose to opt-out of email notices.
In addition to required member information, we may conduct surveys and ask users to volunteer demographic information to be used on an aggregate basis for internal member research. We use such information to better focus and personalize our services offered to each individual user.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Information that we collect, when you sign up for membership or place an order for a product, generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
– Communicate with you;
– Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information relating to our products or services.
– We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We collect user session connection information as a means to provide additional security to members. Collecting session information allows us the ability to automatically log out a user who may have forgotten to log out after pre-determined time of inactivity. This is especially helpful for members who may be accessing the website from public WiFi connections such as public libraries and cafes.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies.
By setting a cookie on our site, users would not have to log in a password more than once per session, thereby saving time while on our site. If users reject the cookie, they may still use our site. However, they will be limited in the use of certain areas of the website – such as areas that require user logon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
InSource does not release information about a member or rent our membership email list. InSource is not able to control the practices of external websites and organizations that we may provide links to. If you have questions about how such organizations use the information gathered when you link to their sites please read their privacy policies. We only share your Personal Information with third parties in order to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Stripe to process payments for membership and products. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our visitors use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
HOW DOES INSOURCE SECURE MEMBER INFORMATION?
InSource takes reasonable precautions to protect our users’ information. When our registration form asks members to enter member information (such as member id, username and password), that information is protected by encryption before being sent to us. Also, the member information you provide is stored in a secure location, and is accessible only by appropriate staff. If you have any questions about the security of our Web site, you can send an email to [email protected].
HOW CAN I REVIEW, UPDATE AND CORRECT MY MEMBER INFORMATION?
Members can update their username and email address on their first login session. Additionally, members can update their username, email address preference information from the “your profile” area of the website at any time while logged in.
WHAT COMMUNICATION CAN I EXPECT FROM INSOURCE BASED ON COLLECTED INFORMATION?
– Notifications: Members and Non-Member Guests can opt to subscribe to the InSource newsletter and informational emails, we ask for a profile with current contact information.
– Service and Membership Announcements:On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send users an email. Also, members may be sent a courtesy email notifying them of an impending membership renewal/expiration date. Generally, members may not opt-out of these communications. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
HOW CAN I OPT-OUT OF INSOURCE EMAIL?
Members and Non-Member Guests may to opt-out of any emails (except the service and membership announcements as described above) from InSource. Members that choose not receive an email have an option to opt-out by using the “Unsubscribe” statement within the email they receive. Every email will have a link at the bottom, giving a Member and Guest Non-Member the chance to opt-out of that email list. Members using the unsubscribe feature will be linked to the “Email Preferences” page, where they can deselect the email correspondence they wish not to receive.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information is corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below. Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you are a member or make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail using the form on our contact page at https://www.in-source.org/about/contact/ or by mail using the details provided below:
233 Rock Road PMB 210
Glen Rock, NJ, 07452